Dent Repair : A dent is the result of a collision damage that has changed the visible appearance of a body panel shape.
Areas That Require Using Dent Repairs
PDR is gaining popularity when it comes to dent repair. The techniques that are used to repair dents have been improving every year. Right now, repairing a dent that is similar to the size of a tennis ball is a very easy. You may use dent repair in the following areas:
• When repairing large and small dents
• When repairing 1990s car models and newer cars
• When repairing the paint that has not cracked or broken
• When the dent is far away from the edge of a panel.
• When the vehicle wants to have the original paint retained.
It should however be noted that not all parts of the vehicle can be repaired using the PDF techniques. If a dent cannot be removed, PDR techniques are suitable and make it difficult to notice the damage.
Paintless dent repair comes with a number of advantages they include:
• No need of repainting or using body fillers
• Its less expensive compared to the traditional method
• The dent repair is easy and fast
• Risks of paint overspray are minimized
• Incorrect matching is not possible.
• The vehicle retains its original paint.
If the vehicle retains its original paint, it has a higher value as compared to one that has been repainted. That is why PDR techniques are preferred and are becoming more popular than before.